The Florida Water (Agua de Florida) is used as a harmonizer, for cleansing and blessing. In this post we share with you the process to make your own Florida water at home with easy-to-find homemade ingredients based on Murray and Lanman’s original recipe.
Ingredient for Florida Water:
- three citrus fruits lemon, orange and pink grapefruit
- three herbs: lavender, rosemary and mint
- two spices: cinnamon and cloves
- vodka, mezcal or tequila. Or it could be pure cane alcohol with 30 to 40% distilled water.
- Glass jar of appropriate size for your ingredients.
Florida Water Preparation:
- Have empty glass jar, disinfected.
- Add peels of the three citrus fruits
- Add leaves and branches of the three herbs
- Add diced cinnamon and whole cloves.
- Fill with the alcohol of preference until covering the ingredients.
- Leave in a dark place for 2 weeks for maximum maceration (shake the bottle once a day).
- Always after using it, keep it in a place where it will not be exposed to the sun.